Friday, October 28, 2016

Book Blogger Hop, Fabulous Friday and This or That



Book Blogger Hop is hosted each week by

This week's question is:

You've been invited to a costume party and the theme is classic literature characters. Who would you go as?

and my answer is:
The same as it always is for bookish/Halloween/costume parties--
The Ghost of Jacob Marley.
It's classic!


I always thought that having my jaw tied shut would be a good thing with all that Halloween candy, but upon giving it a second thought--those chains would get old by the end of the evening!


Hmmmmm, so....maybe Lady McBeth?
Or I could always go as the clown as in Stephen King's
IT!
But being a clown right now is not really a good thing.  Clowns are very creepy tho.....but  I think I'll have to stick to Jacob Marley.
A classic literature ghost!

*******************

Each and every Friday, Michelle of the blog, That’s What She Read, shares what makes  Friday a Fabulous day for her and she has a Mister Linky where you can share your own post of what makes your own Friday fabulous.
Just click here to check it out for yourself!

As usual I have Friday off, so what's not fabulous?
But this one?
It's RAINING!
I don't expect all of you who don't live in the desert to understand how fabulous this is.  It's so rare for us.

And this dry lake bed in the photo below?  A short 30 mile drive from my house and there you are! 


That probably is not pretty, as there will be flash flooding, but... I'm not there today. I am warm and safe with a book and coffee, on my couch,  watching the rain fall.



I just realized how boring I sound.
Rain.
Books.
Coffee.

Want to come join me?

******************



~ RULES ~
Mention the creator of the tag.
Thank the person who tagged you.
Tag other people and spread the love.

Thanks to JoAnn from Lakeside Musing, for tagging me (and  also you if you'd like to join in) in the This or That Book Tag, and to Ayunda from Tea & Paperbacks, the creator of this book tag.

1) Reading on the couch or reading in bed?
A big comfy chair actually, but I can do the couch.
I sometimes take a book to bed and the Handyman laughs at me, because I just hold it for a while and then fall asleep without reading a word.
I'm one of those people who can fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillow.

2) Main character: Male or Female?
I've never given this much thought.
My two favorite series main characters? One is a woman, one is a man.
I a fraught with indecision!

3) Sweet or salty snacks while reading?
Homemade snickerdoodles!  Or chocolate chip cookies.
Or brownies.  Or....
I guess my answer would be sweet snacks.

4) Trilogies or quartets?
Series that never end!

5) First Person or Third Person POV?
Both.


6) Night or morning reader?
All day reader, but my favorite time is morning.
I'm an early riser and I love nothing more than to grab a cup of coffee and my book and read for a couple hours (I'm a REALLY early riser) while the sun comes up.

7) Libraries or bookstores?
This is like asking me to choose between my children.  I have always told them in private that they are my favorite. 
They are on to me--but seriously, my love for each of them is different, but the same. 
I'm talking Libraries and bookstores here.

8) Books that make you laugh or books that make you cry?
I think books that make you cry stay with you longer.  They have a particular appeal to me.
On the other hand---there is nothing better than a good laugh.

9) Black or white book covers?
Both book covers matter!

10) Character driven or plot driven stories?
If I had to choose, I would say character driven novels.
(with a good plot and setting of course)
The reason I like series is because of the character development over time.

What about you?
Consider yourself tagged if you want to be!






4 comments:

Michelle said...

There is something amazing about being home when it is raining. It is just more satisfying and relaxing knowing you have no where to be. Enjoy your weekend!

Katherine P said...

A rainy day with a book sounds quite heavenly. We haven't had much rain here lately and could use it. I love the idea of Lady MacBeth and Jacob Marley but I'm going to vote no on the clown from It. We don't need anymore creepy clowns!

Anonymous said...

I would love to go as Elizabeth Bennet. We are getting some good, solid rain here in the Bay Area, something we really need.

Elizabeth said...

That would be a scary Halloween party with those characters. :) Especially IT.

Have a good weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...