Sunday, October 30, 2016

Friday Friend Recipe #106 -- Ham Roll Ups or Lutheran Sushi





My Friday Friend Cookbook Countdown #106!

Tracy's Ham Roll-Ups or  Lutheran Sushi
and you know all the whys and wherefores of this countdown, right? Homemade cookbook, friends contributed, Handyman said I couldn't/wouldn't do it, I'll show him, yadda yadda yadda....


Believe it or not---Ham Roll ups are hard to photograph, but it's one of the easiest appetizers ever and it is always very  popular,
The nickname Lutheran Sushi makes me laugh---but when you think about it--I guess you could say it really is!


Ham Roll Ups (or Lutheran Sushi)
Tracy White

Spread  thick sliced ham lunchmeat with cream cheese.
Place a pickle sliced length-wise. Roll up and slice.

(Hmmmm... I guess I didn't read the fine print.  I just stuck a whole pickle in there. And to top it off--I can't remember if I used a sweet or a dill pickle.  It looks like a sweet pickle, doesn't it?  I guess you can use what you like)





I have to give you a little bit more background about the Friday Friends, as this is Tracy's first recipe in the cookbook that I've done.
When I first began the forum there were a core 30 who answered my questions each time and played along almost every day (I'd ask a question of the day),  there were another 10 who were close, but rarely answered.  I would always try adding people--some joined in over the years, some did not.
Tracy was one of the ones I added late and she rarely answered the daily questions BUT she did contribute to the FF cookbook.

My Tracy story?
She's one of the only people in the world --and there are just a handful-- who has heard me sing.
Every day I would stand in front of her and sing---and she'd join in.
Yep---In a 3 hour period each morning 5 days a week,  I would just begin singing in front of her.

In front of her and 12 little 3-4 year olds.

We taught pre-school together at Zion Lutheran Pre-School for a few years---about 15 years ago.
So, it is only fitting that she turned in a "Lutheran" appetizer.

I found this photo of Traci and I thought it was cute. I know she positioned herself so that the butterfly fit 'correctly'.  I like to think of her flying and flitting like a butterfly.
She passed away last year and she is missed.
She has a handful more recipes in the FF cookbook, so you'll be seeing her again. 

It was fun to sing with her in the mornings.




2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I've never seen those ham roll ups. The picture of Traci is very fitting.

Vicki said...

I think I'd love those roll ups! Cute picture of Traci!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...