Sunday, October 2, 2016

Classic Club Spin #14


I just joined the Classics Club--so actually this is my first Classics spin.
I have to list 20 of my 50 classics that I want to read in the next 5 years, then on Monday October 3rd, the spin number will be announced and I have 2 months to read the classic that corresponds to the number on my list.
So here goes (I had no rhyme or reason for picking these):

1. Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

2. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark

3. The Postman Always Rings Twice by James M. Cain

4. The Stars my Destination by Alfred Bester

5. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin

6. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

7. The Hound of the Baskervilles  by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

8.  Stoner by John Williams

9. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison

10.  Beast in View by Margaret Millar

11. I, Juan de Pareja by Elizabeth Borton de Trevino

12. Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers

13. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving

14. The Death of the Heart by Elizabeth Bown

15. The Call of the Wild by Jack London

16. It's Like This, Cat by Emily Neville

17. The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie

18. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

19.  Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

20.  The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco


I'm excited to see how this will work out for me.  My first spin will be my first classic.

4 comments:

Brona said...

Welcome to the club and your first ever spin!

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do :-)

Remember to copy your link back to the club page so everyone can find - half the fun is the community popping around to visit you.

I also have Stoner on my list this time & I'd love to reread Dr Zhivago one day - it's a glorious read if you love your Russian history and landscape.

FictionFan said...

Welcome! This is my first spin too! I see you got Dr Zhivago - one of the real classics to start with. I hope you enjoy it :)

Care said...

FUN LIST! We share a few, too.

Care said...

Dr. Zhivago!!! All I can think of is snow and the gorgeous outfits that Kitty (was it Kitty? I only saw the film) wore... Have fun.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...