Friday, October 7, 2016

Noggin

From Goodreads:
Listen — Travis Coates was alive once and then he wasn’t.

Now he’s alive again.

Simple as that.

The in between part is still a little fuzzy, but he can tell you that, at some point or another, his head got chopped off and shoved into a freezer in Denver, Colorado. Five years later, it was reattached to some other guy’s body, and well, here he is. Despite all logic, he’s still 16 and everything and everyone around him has changed. That includes his bedroom, his parents, his best friend, and his girlfriend. Or maybe she’s not his girlfriend anymore? That’s a bit fuzzy too.

Looks like if the new Travis and the old Travis are ever going to find a way to exist together, then there are going to be a few more scars.

Oh well, you only live twice.
 

From Me:
I thought it was a crazy premise and I balked at having to read it (it was a book club choice)--but, I ended up really liking it.  It was a great story, although  kind of crazy and totally unbelievable but a very touching 'coming of age' story.
Worth the read.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I would never have picked this up based on the premise but might consider it now since you liked it.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...