Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookie #18 in the search for the perfect one


In the search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie (which is my mom's  cookie by the way)--don't count this one in!

And I feel horrible for saying that as it is a finalist in this cookbook:



A FINALIST!
But... while it had a great texture coming out of the oven--very crisp/crunchy with a chewy inside -- it did not hold up.  The next day, they were  soft-ish (lost their crisp/crunchy bite) and then dry inside.  And....and.... they didn't taste great.  Whoever thought I'd say that about  a chocolate chip cookie?  Not me!  But they weren't worth keeping around, so I tossed them.
Yes.  Threw them away.  We ate a few, but even the Handyman said they weren't worth keeping.




I'm not sharing the recipe, but if you really want to try it for yourself,  tell me in the comments and I'll get you that recipe.
They look pretty tho!




It was a very sad day.
They were not so Joyous, after all.






Please forgive me Robin Joy Minnick wherever you are.
I'm sure it had to do with altitude!  And humidity. 
and old corn syrup, that's it!
Who am I to judge?!




3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

They do look good but taste is more important.

Katherine P said...

They are pretty and I love pecans in my chocolate chip cookies but taste is the most important! My grandmother once made the best chocolate chip cookies by total accident. Something about how long she baked them and the ingredients made this wonderfully crunchy almost caramalized deliciousness but she never could figure out exactly what she did. However, there were ALWAYS chocolate chip cookies at her house because she was always trying to recreate them and while she never figured out exactly what she did the results of her experiments were always pretty tasty.

Unknown said...

Okay, so honestly, I find this funny. I just found this post for the first time. I once found another post referencing this recipe, and theirs turned out fine. Most of the time when I make it, they are good. However, things happen. And we keep tweaking the recipe every time we bake them. My 6 kids all use a variant of this recipe - of course, only half of them were born when the book came out. And most of my sisters use this recipe's predecessor. So, like I said, things happen, although I can't imagine how they came out the way you said. I can understand them losing their crispiness, especially if they were put away warm or it was humid. Dry inside I don' understand. And the altitudes I've baked them at have always been medium to low. So, who knows? And, sure , I forgive you. Robin Joy Minnick (recipe was developed in the 1980's. )

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...