Monday, March 2, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #44: BBQ Chicken Pizza

Friday Friend Recipe #44:  BBQ Chicken pizza

Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county).  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #44

Barb's 
BBQ Chicken Pizza



About 10 days ago, I sent Barb a text and gave her the choice of two of her recipes in the FF cookbook, for me to make.
She said they were both good and 'which one was I going to make'?
I told her she'd have to be surprised!

SURPRISE BARB!!

I made the BBQ Chicken pizza.
It was very good.
The consensus around the table was  -- that it was very  good.

5 people around the table.
5 people said "this is good"

I accidentally bought square pizza crusts and it STILL tasted good.




Barbecued Chicken Pizza
Barbara Brown
Buckeye, AZ

1 lb boned/skinned chicken breasts
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
salt/pepper
8-10 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 10inch baked pizza crusts (like Boboli)
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup diced green chilies
shredded jack cheese
1/2 tsp hot chili flakes

Tear cooked chicken into bite-sized chunks.  Mix with bbq sauce.  Cook bacon.  Spread each pizza crust with  4oz cream cheese.  Spoon chicken in sauce, evenly over crusts. Top with the rest of the ingredients.
Bake at  400F for about  20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Cut and serve.





And now --- on to Barb.
As you know, she very kindly typed up all the recipes in the FF cookbook.
If not for her, I probably wouldn't be doing these blog posts, this countdown.
(because there wouldn't be a cookbook to count down from)
Barb and the Handyman, who said I would never do this. (I'm showing him alright!)
To see all of Barbara's previous recipes


It seems like you can take the girl out of Mexico, but you can't take Mexico out of the girl!



Barb is always on the extreme left.
In the photos, not necessarily her political views.

That could be my fact about her this time.
Barb is not political.
As well as:
She would be the definition of  'live and let live'.
She's a very positive person and laughs All The TIME! 
She makes us laugh.
Laughing is good for the soul = Barb is good for the soul.

Seen here below with the Handyman and I and FF Mitzi (click here for her recipes) and her husband Larry.
At our FF Weekend at Wallowa Lake.
We were having a traveling cocktail party.
The five of us hosted the 1st stop.




I have no idea who these people  are.
Except for Barb on the left.
I really don't.

Hmmmmm....

Barb managed a JCPenney store for many years ( a few of them) (so did the Handyman, that's how we met) and some of her old JCPenney manager friends (women only, I guess) take a yearly vacation.
And that's what they are doing here at the Mariachi Bar!
Vacationing!
This is my best guess.





No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...