Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #48: Banana Bars

Friday Friend Recipe #48:  Banana Bars

Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county).  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #48

April's 
Banana Bars



This is a great bar to make when you have really ripe bananas.
Banana bread?  Or Banana Bars?  With cream cheese frosting?!
April is from the south and she makes banana deserts all the time.
This is one of her best.


Banana Bars
April Cain
Winnemucca, NV

1/2 cup soft butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas 
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and bananas and mix well.
Add the rest of ingredients and mix together well.
Pour into a greased  15x10x1 baking pan.
Bake at  350F for 15 mintues.
Let cook and frost with cream cheese frosting.

Frosting:
1/2 cup soft butter
8oz cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Blend until smooth. Frost bars and cut into squares to serve.




Woo Hoo!
April makes her debut appearance in the Friday  Friend Cookbook!!
But not the first time on my blog.
I have  her tagged in 10 posts.
TEN POSTS
Count 'em here!  (or just click on them to see)

April is....
host of movie night



host of beer tasting night




hillbilly cabin co-host of the Traveling Cocktail Party  (remind me to write a post about that sometime)
here below is the spread they  put out for the hillbilly appetizers




Kind host of our day on the water in a pontoon boat
Among many other things.






A couple of things come to mind as I write this--
1)  April is kind
2)  April likes to host parties

BUT---April has a wild side!!
(a country mile wild!)

She's a motorcycle mama!!



And she loves 4-wheelers!
(no helmet?)



boating without a life jacket!!
(I told you---WILD SIDE!!)




She is also a cooking friend--
We've taken a Cajun cooking class together and also went to a Taste of Home event and now, now she is a founding member of our Cooking Club!






Those are the many faces of April!





1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

April sounds like a blast and those banana bars look delicious!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...