Saturday, January 27, 2018

Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine -- winner of my TBR List

 I love joining in a monthly meme hosted by Michelle at  Because Reading is Better than Real Life, in which we put up 3 books on the first Saturday of the month, and then you readers, vote on which one I should read, I read and then I write a blog post on the last Saturday of the month.
I am not always as dedicated as I should be-- I miss a lot of months --but I always enjoy it.
(truth be told I am in awe of you dedicated bloggers!)
Anyway.....

This is so much fun!
This time the winner was:

Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine
by Gail Honeyman


I really loved this book!
I gave it 4 stars, but perhaps it should even be 5 (I am very stingy with my 5 stars tho)
My friend Shelly said:  Sad. Funny. Hopeful. Eleanor is not completely fine, but I think she will be.

That's it!  Exactly.
The book is sad and funny! And hopeful and wonderful! 
Eleanor is quirky and weird and socially awkward -- but there are reasons -- she grows on you and you end up rooting for her,  crying for her and smiling for her.
Eleanor ends up having your heart.

Thanks for choosing for me.  I'll be back next week with another 3 books for you to help me choose from.


3 comments:

Katherine P said...

This is one that has caught my attention because of the title. I love the sound of it and am glad you enjoyed it. It sounds a bit quirky and more than a bit wonderful.

Literary Feline said...

I am so glad you enjoyed this one! I was hoping you would. I would like to read it one of these days.

Stefanie said...

Hoorah for a great read!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...