Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Look of Love


From Goodreads:
 Born during a Christmas blizzard, Jane Williams receives a rare gift: the ability to see true love. Jane has emerged from an ailing childhood a lonely, hopeless romantic when, on her twenty-ninth birthday, a mysterious greeting card arrives, specifying that Jane must identify the six types of love before the full moon following her thirtieth birthday, or face grave consequences. When Jane falls for a science writer who doesn’t believe in love, she fears that her fate is sealed. Inspired by the classic song, The Look of Love is utterly enchanting.
From Me:
3 Stars.
Well, actually  2.85 stars.
At first, I liked it.
Then I didn't.
Then I did again.
It's a romance/chick lit book, which I don't read a lot of anymore, but it was a fun premise -- Jane, the main character, can see love in couples.  Some who look so happy, really aren't and vica-versa.
All that is fine and it made a good story line... the thing that bothered me  (and there might be a spoiler in here) ... is the infidelity in a couple of the character's  so called 'love' stories.
I know that's just a personal thing. 
I just don't feel that is 'love'...  I think working on a marriage and lasting for 50+ years is love.
But that's just me.
And I'm not judging,  it's just that Jio's story-lines-- the ones that included infidelity, didn't even make sense to me.

Of course (spoiler again)  it all turned out as it should in the end!
Which is how a romance should, right?

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

This is different than usual formula. I think the infidelity would bother me too. I guess we're old fashioned!

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...