Saturday, June 11, 2011

Snapshot Saturday

Keeping Your Eye on the Ball......



Ahhh........Little League.   (and Pop Warner football, and Junior Hockey League, and City-Wide Basketball--you name it, we've sat thru it)

This is my grandson Camron, who is 'not' keeping his eye on the ball.  He's on his tiptoes, swinging upwards above his head....and if you look closely, you can see the ball down by his feet.  (you can see the shadow best)

Gotta love  8 year old beginners! 
....and we do!

Stop by  "At Home With Books"  to catch a link to all the great Snapshot Saturday photos!
To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken.  Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.

12 comments:

Trish said...

Well, his technique could use some work, but I'd give him an A for enthusiasm, fun and effort!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Great pic! Our son is 27 now so sitting through all the various sports (and sometimes my hubby coached) brings back good memories of the events and bad memories of my sore back - those bleachers nearly did me in :-)

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

I love baseball, and the young kids are so much fun to watch.

Alyce said...

That is so cute! I couldn't talk my boys into doing baseball this year, which I guess wasn't that bad of a deal since we were already so busy with cub scouts.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great shot! I love watching those little guys play ball. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Kaye said...

That was a "practice" swing! Ha ha, gotta love it!

bermudaonion said...

I love watching Little League baseball, but I think our son enjoyed playing basketball more.

Karen said...

Cute! I was the doting aunt that sat through all of my 2 nephew's ball games while they were growing up... this brought back good memories :)

Unknown said...

Oh what a cute photo. I always love the Little Leaguers, they're so serious and they look so little with the bats and the rest of the equipment.

Bookfool said...

What a great catch! My kids were both very uncoordinated and did better in more individual sports (running and swimming) but we did give baseball our best shot. And soccer. And basketball.

~~louise~~ said...

GREAT shot Debbie. I LOVE the foot action:)

My grandson is playing tee-ball this year. Oh how I wish I could see him in person. (he's in Idaho, I'm in PA)

Hope all is well with you. I was just reviewing the past two years of the Picnic Game and thought I'd pop in to say Hi!!!

Thanks for sharing...And for the smile:)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Very cute. I use to love to go to little league games.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...