Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bout of Books --Day 2--Character Face-off!


Our Day 2 challenge comes from 
and this is a 
Character Face-Off!`

Create the ultimate character face-off.

Pick two of your all-time favorite characters. They can be from the books you chose for the read-a-thon (or not — totally up to you).

Even though they are both your favorite, you HAVE to choose one as the winner. And tell me why.

Sell me on why this ONE character is your favorite character of ALL characters.


Awwwww Man!!

This is so hard!
Okay, my first favorite character of all time is:
Michael Corleone from The Godfather.



I told you I was old!
But this is the best book ever.

Opponent #1  Michael Corleone
Michael is cold-blooded, ruthless, smart, and determined. His ability to think clearly under fire, to be decisive, and to command respect makes him an excellent Godfather

pro:  He's Italian
pro:  He's loyal to his family
pro:  He is powerful
pro:  He's Italian
pro: He likes pasta

Con:  He is cold blooded
Con:  He is a criminal
Con: He's Italian



And my second fav character is 
Stephanie Plumb from Janet Evanovich's series.
You cannot beat a funny bail bondsman!



Opponent #2   Stephanie Plumb
 Stephanie Plum, a bounty hunter with attitude. In Stephanie's opinion, toxic waste, rabid drivers, armed schizophrenics, and August heat, humidity, and hydrocarbons are all part of the great adventure of living in Jersey. She's a product of the "burg," a blue-collar pocket of Trenton where houses are attached and narrow, cars are American, windows are clean, and (God forbid you should be late) dinner is served at six.

Pro:  She is smart and sexy (tho she doesn't know it)
pro:  she can eat anything she wants and doesn't gain weight
Pro:  She has interesting friends
Pro:  Two men are in love with her
Pro:   Close to her family

Con:  a bit ditzy
Con:  never can hold a job
Con:  her cars keep blowing up


Yes, I know this is a boy character verses a girl character!
How can that be fair, you ask?
ehh--nothing's ever fair.
Michael Corleone is intense and Stephanie Plumb not so much.
Michael kills people in cold blood, Stephanie does not.
But Micheal is passionate,  Stephanie a goof-ball.

I've wanted to be Stephanie Plumb for a long time.
I've just wanted Michael Corleone for a long time.

I want to eat,drink and be merry, have two men in love with me, and a crazy grandma.
Eating without gaining weight is a big, big pull..
and laughter....  what is life without laughter?

But Michael Corleone?  I have been in love with him since  1972.
When I read the book at night with a flashlite, so my parents wouldn't know.
How can I desert Michael now?

Even if passion fades and laughter lasts?

Serious or Fun?
Which character is best?
THEY ARE BOTH MY FAVORITE!

But... I ..... will.... Have..... to.... go.....with......


Micheal Corleone!

Why?
The Italian food.
(too much cabbage in the Hungarian Food of the SP Books)
He leaves the gun and takes the cannoli.
It's the food.
It's always the food.


No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...