Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saturday Snaptshot

It's time for....
Saturday Snapshot!!
 
To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken.   Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. 
Saturday Snapshot is hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads.
 
 


When we last left our friends  (a few weeks ago for Saturday Snapshot)... April, Shelly and myself in Boise, ID),  they had just left the big Boise Library Book Sale.  
 
WHAT HAPPENED THEN, you ask?
 
Well... we went to prison.
We toured the old Boise State Penitentiary! 





Because we were loafing!
In this area...
(those are my glasses on top of my head.  I did not have a big streak of gray hair/roots. At that time)
  

 Shelly
had dual crimes!
(she's like that---rebellious and, well... wild!)



It was a fun girls weekend.
Book store and prison! 

What follows -- for Saturday Snapshot--- are many (MANY!) photos of the old penitentiary.  It was creepy interesting.
There are a couple of pictures towards the end that are really sinister.
Death Row, etc.
It was actually very eerie  seeing the 'observation' room and all that.  Just knowing that people were waiting to be executed. 
But if you like history, you'd like to see this.
































3 comments:

Susan Lindquist said...

You guys look like you're having so much fun! BUT that death row would creep me out! I'd stick with the bookstores!

Unknown said...

Looks really cool! Imagine being a prisoner in one of the Death Row cells though - it would be really scary.

- Linking over from Saturday Snapshots

Care said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love touring old buildings.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...