Saturday, May 30, 2015

Spinach Apple Salad -- Friday Friend Recipe #54



Friday Friend Recipe #54Apple Spinach Salad

Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county).  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #54

Debbie E's
Apple Spinach Salad



 It's salad time again!
And this one is perfect for summer time.
I loved it.

There were about 6 or 7 spinach type salads turned in for the Friday Friend Cookbook.   I think I like this the one best so far!  (the only other one was mine)
Fresh and crisp and --- eatin' on the patio kind of salad.

Deb E is a great cook. 
And she tries to do healthy dishes quite often.
This is the best!  I could eat it every day.





Apple Spinach Salad
Debbie Engstrom
Winnemucca, NV

2 red delicious apples
1/2 cup sliced radishes
2 T lemon juice
2 T sunflower seeds
1 lb fresh spinach
sliced cucumbers

Toss with 
Mint Dressing 

1/2 cup salad oil
2 T lemon juice
2 t chopped green onions
1/2 t dried mint flakes or 1 T fresh mint
1/2 t salt
1 t sugar
dash of pepper





If you remember from the last Friday Friend Cookbook post I did--(hahaha, like you remember all that)
I also featured a recipe by Debbie E.  (it happens sometimes,  2x in a row)
She was headed off to see grandbaby #5.

So my fun fact/story for today's Friday Friend, Debbie E is this:
She loves being a grandma.

Here she is with #'s  1,2,3,4 and 5!
(that's all for today, as she has many more recipes and 
I have many more stories)







No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...