Saturday, February 14, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #40; Special Morning


Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county).  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

AND,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #40

Theda's
Special Morning




I'm beginning to think the Friday Friend Cookbook should be called the high cholesterol cookbook.
Everything is really  'cheesy'.
  
But really good!

Can you guess which one is the "cheesy" Special Morning dish?


I took them (them being the cheesy Potato dish)  to a church brunch in December.
They are always a hit with potlucks and special brunch occasions at home.

This looks like solid cheese and it is making my arteries harden as we speak. But it is, oh-so-yummy, and creamy and good!
In fact, if I hadn't already eaten breakfast, I might make them right now.

Go now, plan a brunch, make these.


Special Morning
Theda Pansevicius
Tualatin, OR

2 lbs hard browns
16 oz cr. celery soup
16 oz cr of potato soup
10 oz diced ham
1 lb grated cheddar

Mix all ingredients together in bowl.  Put in buttered 9x13 baking dish.  
Bake uncovered at 350F for 45 minutes.

************************************


And now comes the part where I am supposed to show you a picture of "said Friday Friend who happens to be Theda this time" and tell a funny story. Or a fact.
I just grabbed a picture from our high school days.
I was kind of in a hurry. 
I didn't notice that no one was smiling.

Four good friends.
Me on the left  (hahah-- get down t-shirt)
Theda on the right (holding my puppy Loyd)
Kathy, next to me passed away from cancer 30 years ago  (again I am shocked by the passing of time.  Kathy and I started kindergarten together)
And Sherry, we've lost touch with.

Why does that happen?  We were best friends, bosom buddies, told each other our dreams, our thoughts, our worries, our everything.
And then....   ??
Now we are facebook friends and Christmas card friends. 
It makes me feel blue.

But Theda and I?
We've remained very close.

She stole a dog once.
For a boyfriend.  (ah, the things we do for love)
Actually, we made an appointment to go pick a puppy up  (her boyfriend had always wanted a Dalmatian) so we went during our lunch break from school.
When we arrived, the puppies were in the backyard, but the lady wasn't home.
We waited a bit, but had to get back to school, so Theda, jumped the fence, took her puppy and we drove off.
Is dog stealing a felon?

Okay, she left the money inside the screen door.
I cannot tell a lie.
But we felt very brazen and bold, by doing that.
They knew we were coming to get the puppy-- but driving off like that --- oh man we were... we were... we were....

Just dorky 1970's high school girls.


That's my Theda story!
To see all her stories and recipes:

See you next time!

In the meantime, I am going to link these up with


Weekend Cooking at




and 
See Ya in the Gumbo
at 
Ms. enPlace




No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...