Thursday, February 26, 2015

Friday Friend Recipe #43: Green Chili Enchiladas#1

Friday Friend Recipe #43:  Green Chili Enchiladas

Making my way thru my Friday Friend Cookbook, one recipe at a time.

What is the Friday Friend cookbook:   I have about 50 of my closest friends and family on an e-mail forum which I called the Friday Friends (from all over the county).  At first, most of them didn't know each other, (they knew me) but over the past 15 years, we've answered and shared silly--and serious---questions,  exchanged Secret Santa Christmas gifts,  had a dieting contest in which we paid a $1 a week and that money went to a scholarship fund for a Friday Friends son's memorial scholarship, and we went on a great vacation for my 52 birthday.

And,  we contributed recipes for a cookbook.
Which brings me to this... recipe #43

Shelly's
Green Chili Enchiladas



This is good.
Chicken, cheese, sour cream cheese, salsa, cheese.
Did I say cheese?
How can it not be good?

In the Friday Friend cookbook, I have  8 versions of this recipe.
EIGHT!!
And none of them are exactly the same -- just a tad bit different here and there, so I have to make them all.
Just to be fair too all the cooks, right?

(we are going to weigh 300 lbs by the time I'm done with this cookbook! )
(Better get to walking!)





Green Chili Enchiladas
Shelly Noble
Winnemucca, NV

8 flour tortillas
1 can cr. chicken or cr. mushroom soup
8 oz sour cream (or more)
2 lbs shredded chicken meat
8oz shredded jack cheese (or more)
8oz shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
Optional:  green chilies, black olives, salsa
Mix all and roll into tortillas.
Place in a 9x13 pan, top with cheese.
Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
(good prepared 1 day ahead)







and now... 
Herrrreeee's  Shelly!  Michelle.  Shel.
(we call her lots of names)
The one who submitted this version Green Chili Enchiladas -- version #1.

Shelly has many recipes in the FF Cookbook.  She probably ranks #2 in recipes in the book as well as blog posts.  
So again, what facts/stories to tell each time, as I have many more to go?

Shelly is an Washington State University Alumni.
Can you tell?

She is also a faithful mother who sits at her son's baseball games each spring.
He's in college now --- but she has sat at many sports games in all kinds of weather, in all kinds of schools (elementary, high school, college), at all kinds of venues.

Spring is cold!  Brrrrr.

To see all of Shelly's recipes so far, click here.
(I know you want to, so go ahead)





I just keep plugging along with my Friday Friend Cookbook.
As I said in one of my recent posts --
--this blog isn't about me doing great original recipes
---it's about friendship!

AND
to see all of my friends and their recipes
click here!









No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...