Thursday, February 19, 2015

This and That (again)


This morning, Sheila, from Book Journey asked the question --

Where do you get your news from?  Online sites?  TV?  Your local newspaper?  What do you like to be kept current on? 



This is how I like to get my news:


from John Stewart and the Daily Show.
I will miss it when it's over.

Actually, since we got rid of cable/directv  last fall, I haven't been able to watch because we don't have the comedy channel anymore.

Actually, I could watch it on Hulu if I wanted to.  But for some reason I don't.

Actually, I thought once we got rid of cable/directv, that the Handyman and I would become quasi-intellectuals and watch PBS (we get that off an antenna) and read great books and have deep discussions all the time, but our kids (grown men) hooked us up with Netflix streaming, Amazon Prime,  HBO-on-Demand and Hulu-plus.
We can watch anything we want at any time we want.
Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Actually, I got totally off track here --- 
NEWS!  Is it important to you?
Depressing to you?
Those were also questions Sheila asked.

Yes, I do love satirical political comedy such as what John Stewart does on the Daily Show,  I know that it  is not 'real' news, but I think our news shows/networks are more show-biz than detail/fact oriented when it comes to giving us the news.
I wish I were a newspaper reader.  I guess not very many people are anymore, since they are all going out of business, but I think that newspapers do tend to give more in depth news stories.

While news does sometimes depress and scare me, I still want to know what is going on....
....that's why the Daily Show is my kind of news.

I'll miss John Stewart. 

In other news:
I burned onions last night.
 I was trying to caramelize them, but then I fell asleep on the couch --
watching Scandal (via netflix of course), and the next thing I knew-- 
burned to a crisp! and very very oniony smelling.
I think I can still smell it on my clothes this morning.
It's driving me crazy.





No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...