Wednesday, February 18, 2015

This and That






Last night I think I became a Hooker. 
 A HOOKER!!

I live in Nevada. This could be something very serious.



My friend April invited my daughter-in-law to a hookers meeting and I  went along for moral support.
They loved us.  

I said, I have never hooked before and I'm not sure that I have plans to actually hook even now, after the meeting.
Jessica, my daughter-in-law, has just recently taught herself a form of hooking, and she  had
some questions for these professional hookers.

Okay, I'll let you off the hook (ha ha --hook)  (sorry, I raised 3 boys --see previous post -- and have retained their sophomoric sense of humor)
The Happy Hookers is a group of wonderful ladies who knit, crochet, needlepoint, embroider,  and other forms of fine crafts that include a hook of some sort.
What glorious items they make!
I am envious, jealous and in awe of them.

They loved us, we loved them.

They begin their meeting with a 'show and tell'.
Everyone brings something they are working on and share it with the group.
There are some amazingly talented women there.
After 'oohing' and 'ahhing' and giving each other suggestions and help and encouragement, they have a potluck.

They invited us to come back.  They begged  us to.
Jessica -- well, because she actually hooks.
ME? 
I think they have plans of getting me hooked...(still laughing at my own puns)... on the group.

While I  have no plans of future hooking --  I'm not talented like that.
I think I'll go back for the food.

**********************************

my daughter-in-law Jess.
Teaching herself knitting on a long road trip this past summer.



No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...