Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday Snatpshot




On Wednesday, I shared some photos of our most recent drive out in the country  (see Outdoor Wednesday)  And I had mentioned that there were mines and mine shafts in the hills of Nevada.
 I  think I mentioned that they creep me out!

For Saturday Snaptshot, I thought I'd share  a few more pics of a mine shaft...
.... and see if you don't agree with me, about the creepiness.

This is the landscape I'm talking about:
(you can hardly see it, but that's a cow walking along the ridge)



The Nevada Division of Minerals as well as the Bureau of Land Management has done a good job of fencing the mine shafts in, but there are a few not fenced --considering there are hundreds all over the state, they do the best they can.



It just gives me the heebie jeebies to see a mine shaft.






No one knows where it ends!
I'm even nervous to walk the ground outside of the fencing.
If you fell down there,  you'd be a gonner for sure.




So this is what I'm sharing for Saturday Snapshot.
Let me know if you get the heebie jeebies!

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...