Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saturday Snapshot



The Handyman likes to go for drives in the desert on his days off.

Sometimes he follows the  railroad.
In the middle of nowhere.

I refused to let him go over this bridge.

Not that he listens to me when I REFUSE or FORBID  (as I only do in extreme cases for our safety--which I just  knew this little rickety bridge would be dangerous), but he stopped this time.
And I got out and took some pictures.

This is an old loading dock  I think.   
There are a lot of gold mines in them there hills  (Nevada is the worlds 5th largest gold producer even now)  but I don't think they found TONS of gold to be loaded on trains. (nuggets, dust, etc but not trainloads at a time of course),
maybe they loaded up cattle from cattle drives at one time.
I have no idea, but it's a little man made loading dock in the middle of nowhere right by the train tracks.
Probably just fine to go across --- it just looked rickety to me.







This guy was watching us.




I am linking this to Saturday Snapshot 
hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Carl loves to drive too but we don't have any scenery like that.

Arti said...

What interesting photos and info. Quite a unique place. Thanks for sharing.

Louise said...

What great scenery, I really like the cow too.

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...