Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Love Songs!



A few days ago, I saw an article from NPR where they listed the 10 best love songs ever, so because it is Valentine's Day, I thought I'd ask some of my Friday Friends what their favorite love songs are.  Not very many answered, I'm sorry to say, but out of those who did, there is a very wide range of what my friends see as "love songs".





Before I go show you what they like , I want to share one of mine. 
It's not normally thought of as a love song --
AND, I am not a huge Ed Ames fan,
BUT
the lyrics make me cry.
It kind of strikes a cord after 37  years of marriage, the last verse:
In only a moment we both will be old, we won't even notice the world growing cold.


And I've always liked this one too:




And here are some of my Friday Friends favorite love songs!
As NPR said:
Remember — one person's schmaltz is another person's walk down the aisle.

My friend Betty said this was her favorite love song --
(I agree with her. It's  A GREAT love song)





Heather liked this one (it was her wedding song)



And my friend Hayley says:
Well, I'm not one to swoon, but I've always thought the most romantic songs were Faithfully by Journey and Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses. Also Livin on a Prayer by Bon Jovi.
Can't resist a good rock power ballad.  
Then to get all the romance and crap out of my system I jam to I Don't Believe in Love by Queensryche or Love Stinks, the Joan Jett version. I would definitely not call myself a romantic.

hahahah--LOVE HER!



My fav sis in law?
(she's my fav today cuz she's the only one who answered me)
(oh, and because-- she's AWESOME!)
Meghan likes --




AND Barbara Brown
from Buckeye!




and back to some good old country with 
Miss Macie



Wendy likes Bread.  You can't go wrong with ANY love song from the 1970's!!




Emmie likes some KING GEORGE!
(who doesn't?)



Gina picked a CLASSIC with this one
(meghan choose it in her list too)



My favorite Indy friend,  Sally loves this one:




My daughter-in-law, Jessica, LOVES this song



and
Mitzi sent me 6 songs!
And she probably could have sent me more -- she's like me, too many to narrow it down.
I'm only choosing two tho--


and




Everyone knows I love oldies music best, so I will leave you with another of my favorite love songs




What's your favorite love song?

Happy Valentine's Day
friends!



No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...