Monday, November 5, 2007

Sharing

I like to tell stories about all the FF kids.
I just love them and am proud of them, and excited about them. I just love to know how they are "growing up" and to hear about their lives.
so, share if you dare. LOL
Share with me please.

this is about MY nephew, Nate Stone: (told to me by his mother,
Every month they hand out Character Awards in each class, this months theme was Humor... Mike & I were both at school helping with the parties and Mrs. Gallagher (nates teacher) whispered to Mike that Nate won it, so we went into his class when they were announcing them over the intercom, it was SO cute, his friends all cheered and clapped him on the back and he had that darling sweet smile like he was so proud but trying to be cool! It was great that Mike & I both happened to be there.


me/debbie:
and then......
from Sadie:
Actually there's a bit of a debate over who made that comment about it being the most beautiful street in America. During orientation my group leader said Mark Twain, then another group right behind us said Thomas Jefferson. Then during a talk about the history of Yale a professor said Charles Dickens, so at this point I'm inclined to believe the professor, and to with Charles Dickens. It really is a nice street though

me/debbie:
I'm still waiting for a picture of the most beautiful street in America.
I pick Mark Twain. (who said that)

from Sadie:
So as you already know I was awarded a scholarship to go to Yale and the name of my scholarship is the Richard C. Stazesky Scholarship. Well I just got done having tea with Richard Stazesky. He's a very sweet man from the class of 1952 and he invited Marcus and I to come visit him in Delaware and also to visit his cottage in New Hampshire. It's just so interesting to me that this man gave money and now I'm using it to go to school. He's suppose to send me the pictures he took today. I didn't bring my camera because I didn't know I was going to meet him. Anyway that's what I did today, and it struck me as being interesting sort of interesting so I thought I would share.

On Yale's campus is a library which houses old and rare manuscripts, books and other documents. Next Wednesday I'm going with my history class to look at hold items like Jonathan Edwards's "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God," the original Lewis & Clark maps, the transcript of Joseph Smith's trial in Missouri, and things like that. I just thought you would appreciate this more than anyone else I know, I'm exciting to see these things. I'll let you know how it is.

from me/debbie: (her favorite mother in law)
I do appreciate that stuff. Very much.
Take him up on the cottage in New Hampshire!! LOL

Everyone have a great day!!
It's Monday. Great day. :~)

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...