I didn't tell you all, but I was gone Weds thru Friday for a conference in Elko.
That's why I've been quiet.
And at the awards dinner at this conference, there was a girl from Las Vegas, and every time someone won an award or presentation or was recognized, she would just be soooooo excited!
She didn't know these people.
But she turned to us once during the night, and said, "I'm just so excited when someone wins something. I'm so happy for them."
She was young and was the kind who would raise her fist in the air with a jabbing motion and well, WOO HOO, when someone won.
she was cute and just watching her made me laugh and get excited.
She was good for me, as I have been menopausing and everything either pisses me off or depresses the hell out of me.
EVERYTHING!!! (just ask Rich)
and while I know some of you think I should go to the doctor, I don't do medicines.
I truly believe in them for everyone else. TRULY!!
I just have a phobia. I won't take aspirin/Tylenol/pain reliever or Nyquil for more than two days for fear of becoming addicted.
okay, yeah, I'm an idiot, I know!!!!
But I made Rich go on a menopause diet with me. (don't tell him this is what it is) but like everything else...it's just healthy eating and exercise, so he'll never know. And he might be able to get in touch with his feminine side now. LOL
We started today. And it's mid-afternoon and I'm still at it. hoo ray!!
oh...I got side tracked.
that girl, the excited one...was good for me to sit with. I need to not get so annoyed with people. I need to be more patient and nice.
and excited about things.
so..that is my goal.
oh...and my favorite father in law, Phil, sent me this e-mail that had a list with it.
This is the list...I'm going to keep them (and the girl from Las Vegas) in my mind from now on.
Here are some great ways of dealing with the burdens of life:
* Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
* Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
* Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
* Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
* If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
* It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply be kind to others.
* Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
* Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
* Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
* The second mouse gets the cheese.
* When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
* Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
* You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
* We could learn a lot from crayons... Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
*A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today...I did.
Because I'm a nerd, I want to see how my backyard changes throughout the year. So! I'm going to take a few pictures of it ea...
On Friday, I received my "Cook's Country" magazine in the mail and was very excited to see this recipe for 'fried ...
What's outside my Kitchen window this week? This is. (for my garden/yard info check out this website ) I don't know if the...
Grab your coffee cup, or your coke or whatever your poison is, and settle down for a long read. I should probably post about the cheesec...