Sunday, April 6, 2008

Meghan's potatoes

In regards to the subject line...

from Jolina:
yumm
I did that for my family not too long ago, and they loved them. Makes me wonder why I buy those Or-Ida frozen french fries. It wasn't hard and it didn't take much longer than opening the bag!


from Traci:
I make mine like Meghan does now, I used to fry them like everyone else. I love fried potatoes, but they are not the healthiest thing for you (since when do I eat healthy?). But I have discovered that baking the red ones are just as good as frying them. Finger them, coat with a little Olive oil, S&P and sometimes depending on what I'm serving them with a little Italian seasoning also.

and about my corned beef.....

from Meghan herself (LOL ):
I think boiled potatoes are the proper way to round out that meal.... yuck. I am so not a fan of Corned Beef and cabbage!! altho, you know...I have never tried it in my adult life! isn't that funny? Shepherds Pie for us.... Mike has been drinking Guinness all month (well he drinks it all year, really hahah)
TGIF!! only 4 days of school next week then it is Spring BREAK!!! wahhooooooooo

me/debbie:
okay... I made the Shepherds Pie tonight, Saturday. I have enough for an army!! It was good tho. I kind of made it how Meghan made it for us last year.
(on Friday night I had pork chops, fried potatoes and...... creamed corn. LOL )
Rich brought some Guinness home this afternoon...
and tomorrow, I will be making corned beef and cabbage. Anyone is invited to come over to eat tomorrow.
(it amazes me that Meghan "O'Keefe" doesn't like the quintessential Irish meal of corned beef and cabbage. LOL Of course, neither does Rich, so that is why the Shepherd's pie tonight.)

okay SERIOUSLY....come eat corned beef and cabbage, with carrots and "boiled" red potatoes, and I bought spicy brown mustard for the corned beef. And I have real butter for the veggies and .......I'll make Irish Creme Brownies.
at 5:00.

Love, Debbie

No comments:

Friday Friend recipe #352

  Making my way thru my  Friday Friend Cookbook , one recipe at a time. What is the Friday Friend cookbook?  I once had about 50 of my close...